Thursday, September 9, 2010

Puget Sound Seafeast

It's times like this that make the rain and generally cool, cruddy weather all worth it. Summertime in the Puget Sound area... when friends come from far and near, and we treat them to the best our region has to offer. Everything in the following photos was caught or dug by me or someone in my house, to assure extreme freshness at the time of service.

It may look like a pig foot, but it's really a geoduck siphon...





UPDATE 3/12/2015 - Apparently someone found my geoduck photo offensive and it has been removed. Tsk tsk tsk...

After some careful slicing, saucing, and a nice glass of Yellowtail Pinot Grigio, it became a delicacy... geoduck sashimi...


Then the Seafeast REALLY began...

Bring on the Dungeness crab!!!


(they're in there somewhere)

Then toss them on some ice...


After cleaning you end up with a tray of glorious crab clusters...


and somehow a huge bucket of wine and herb steamed clams appears...


and the villagers rejoice!


(everyone is screaming "YAY!!!"... trust me)

The next day, I made cioppino with the leftovers.  The villagers rejoiced again.  And it was GOOD!!

1 comment:

  1. Out of all the blog entries, I would have to say that this one makes me the most hungry. Absolutely love seafood~

    ReplyDelete