Friday, September 24, 2010

Black Bean and Corn... stuff...

This is a recipe I came up with several years ago.  I'm sure it's very similar to ones you've seen on popular food sites before, but I assure you this particular recipe is mine.  I started out calling it a salsa, but since salsa means "sauce" (and this is most certainly not a sauce), I changed it to relish.  It's not a relish either... or a dip... it's just an extremely tasty concoction that I hope you enjoy.

This morning I came into possession of some of the most beautiful, freshly-picked corn I've seen in years.  The first thing that came to mind was this recipe.  I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do.

Ingredients
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 ears corn
juice of 1 large lime
2 T. cilantro, chopped
3 green onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, mashed
1 t. cumin
1/2-1 large fresh jalapeno, finely chopped
1/2 t. salt, or to taste
Procedure
Husk corn and grill over direct flame until tender. Cool and cut from cob. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Makes about 2 cups.

You should probably double (or triple) the recipe.  Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks to my friend Jeff, who pointed out this is, in fact, a SALAD! Hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete