Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Homemade Gorgonzola Salad Dressing

Have you ever made a salad dressing that was so good, it makes you look forward to the salad even more than whatever main dish you're serving?

Have you ever made a salad dressing from scratch? You really should.

I love blue cheese dressing, but for some reason I always end up buying the bottled stuff. NEVER AGAIN!! I swear this is the best blue cheese dressing I have ever tasted. I'm not ashamed to admit I licked the whisk clean. And the spatula. And as much of the bowl as I could get to. It's that good.

You can, of course, use any blue cheese you prefer. I just happened to have Gorgonzola on hand.



1/2 C mayo
1/4 C sour cream
2 T milk
1 T white vinegar
1/2 t sugar
1/2 t kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper to taste
few good dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 clove minced garlic
1/3 C crumbled Gorgonzola cheese

Whisk together all ingredients (except cheese) until smooth. Stir in cheese. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour before dressing salad.

2 comments: