Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Duck... duck... DUCK EGGS!!

My love affair with duck eggs started five years ago with this little number, served at Marrow Kitchen + Bar, here in Tacoma, WA -


It was a fat-basted vision of loveliness, topping a cake of unctuous shredded oxtail in demi glace. 

My heart had found true love.

In the years since my first encounter, I have had duck eggs in restaurants whenever they were available. I didn't really have access to them on a regular basis, so I never tried doing them at home... until recently.  

A woman who lives near my husband's work has been duck-sitting (apparently that's a thing), and the ducks have been a-laying. When he told her I have a minor obsession them, she brought in a couple for him to bring home.

Then she brought a few more...


I have been having more fun than anyone should be allowed, coming up with ways to showcase these delicious gifts.



If you're into the phenomenal sensation of breaking open a perfectly runny yolk, forget the chicken eggs and go duck hunting... duck egg hunting, that is. You'll wonder why you never tried them before.



The gracious ladies, without whom none of this would be possible...







No comments:

Post a Comment