Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A quick question to my readers...

Would it be REALLY annoying if I added more advertising to this blog?  I was very resistant to having any at all, but then I thought if I was going to put that much effort into it, I should get something back... so I added the bare minimum.

The first few months I made like $1.83... over 6 months...

Not exactly profitable.  I started whining and begging and I've been making a little more lately... like $23.00 during the entire existence of my blog.

I didn't start doing this for money.  I did it because I got tired of my friends asking me to type out the same recipes and tell them about the same restaurants and etc. etc. etc. over and over.  I admit I'm easily frustrated when I have to repeat myself.  However, taking the pictures, editing them, adding text, testing recipes, traveling, going out for meals... it costs money!!  I adore it, but I put out a LOT!  I'm not looking to make this blog my career, but a bit more financial return... like to cover costs of future posts... would be nice.

If I were to add more advertising, would that put you off my blog?  Is one of the reasons you like it BECAUSE there is minimal ads?  If there were more ads, would you view it less?  If I leave the ads the way they are, would you click on them more to prevent me expanding the advertising?  If I added more would you click them?

I know this is a lot of questions, but I want to know what YOU like in my blog before I go and change it.  Without you, it's just me rambling on into thin air.  I want your feedback.

Okay so maybe the question wasn't so quick.  Please leave your comments here or on my Facebook, if I have you there.

I really appreciate each and every one of you... even the random ones from Uzbekistan...

2 comments:

  1. omg... one of the ads was just for Magnum ice cream bars... at Target... $1.00 off coupon... AND I CAN'T CLICK IT!! How can you resist $1.00 off for a Magnum ice cream bar??? MUST... CLICK... !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see two ads one near the top has 2 choices in it... usually takes me to groupon...or something tech related...then theres the one on the bottom which is for me always that awesome modern furniture.. i see no magnums ice cream or otherwise...LOL!... i dont see me clicking on every ad when i come here...maybe one more...kitchen/food related if possible...

    ReplyDelete