Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween 2015

I love Halloween. A lot. Back in the day I used to throw some pretty elaborate parties, but due to circumstances of life, I haven't been able to do that in years. 2015 was going to be the year I pulled out all the stops and showed everyone I still had it in me. Apparently I do (even though this morning my house looks like a bomb went off and Brian and I feel like we've been hit by a truck... lol)! All the weeks of planning and work totally paid off, and everyone had a fantastic time!

A couple weeks before, I started making decorations for the front porch...



A few days before, I started carving the pumpkins...






We had wanted to get everything set up before the day of the party, but we had a series of rather blustery storms roll through. My incredible husband took over and got everything done in the nick of time!



Lucky for me, Brian is a part-time DJ, so we have all these great lighting effects and a fog machine! I had wanted to have it out on the porch, but it was way too windy. We ended up using it in the living room and it was a great effect!










As usual, there was WAY too much food, but that's just how we roll. The complete menu was pulled pork sliders with coleslaw, brain dip, bacon-wrapped Lil Smokies, fresh guacamole with tortilla chips, crock pot spinach dip, eyeball deviled eggs, steamed dumplings with chili sauce, enchiladas and rice, various chips, crackers, and store-bought dips, crock pot apple crisp, and a graveyard cake. Thanks to my good friends Chrissy and Jill for bringing the desserts!


The original recipe called this a dip, but it was more like a shrimp mousse. Absolutely delicious!!



The classic puking pumpkin guacamole.


Jill's graveyard cake. So moist and delicious!




Almost all of the recipes, tutorials, and reference photos are on my Pinterest Halloween board if you're interested in doing some of them yourself. Feel free to check it out HERE.

And in case you're wondering, yes I AM already planning for next year!














No comments:

Post a Comment