Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Baked Chicken Thighs With Creamy White Wine Tarragon Sauce

Yesterday, I got a flat tire. Fortunately, I was close enough to the house to get home safely. Unfortunately, I no longer had a way to pick up the pizza I was going to get for dinner, or go to the grocery store. Time to get creative with what I had.

This turned out so much better than I ever expected, and is definitely going into the "keeper" file!!

 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
onion powder
salt
pepper
1 T butter
1 C white wine
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 t dried tarragon
more pepper

Preheat oven to 350°. Season both sides of chicken with onion powder, salt, and pepper. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high. Brown chicken (in batches, if needed); place in 9"x13" baking dish. Deglaze skillet with wine. Combine soup and seasonings in medium bowl. Add wine/pan drippings to soup; whisk until smooth. Pour evenly over chicken. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment