Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Fluffy Angel Berry Dessert


Best Husband Ever and I finally got a chance to take our full-week vacation at our family lake place. It's not too far away from home, so I invited our neighbors to come join us for dinner.
















Ribs, baked beans, potato salad, and corn... oh my!!

Even though I don't usually go out of my way to make any sort of dessert, I got an idea in my head... and you all know where that leads. Light, fluffy, refreshing, easy, and NO BAKING!! It was the perfect ending to this classic summer meal!














Angel food cake ring, cubed

16 oz container strawberries, sliced

18 oz container blueberries, washed

5.1 oz box instant vanilla pudding

Zest and juice of one lemon

1/2 t vanilla

2 C milk

1 C plain Greek yogurt

16 oz container Cool Whip


In large mixing bowl, combine zest, juice, vanilla and milk. Whisk in pudding mix until it starts to thicken. Add yogurt, whisk until thoroughly combined. Gently fold in 2 C. Cool Whip, reserving the rest for topping. Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble.

In a large bowl, layer 1/3 each of cake, berries, then pudding mixture. Repeat twice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with reserved berries and/or Cool Whip, if desired.



















This is especially pretty if assembled in a large clear glass bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment